Start of spring: the most beautiful terraces in Munich
Spring has finally arrived. Also, the temperatures have noticeably risen, and you can feel how the city is waking up with fresh life. Not long now until the Munich cafés, bars and restaurants are getting their terrace furniture out of the cellar again. Where is it particularly worth visiting, for the gastronomical joys of spring outdoors? We tell you in this magazine article.
Outdoor enjoyment at any time of the day
Whether for breakfast or brunch, lunch or afternoon coffee, dinner or after hours’ drinks, when the sun shines, there is nothing nicer than enjoying it in the open air. Here are the most beautiful terraces for any time of the day:
- Apart from a magnificent sun terrace, the Victorian House at Rotkreuzplatz offers an ample breakfast selection (including “Traditional English Breakfast”) until 5:00 p. m. (!).
- You can find an oasis of relaxation at lunchtime, on the glorious roof terrace of the Oberpollinger department store. The connected restaurant LeBuffet offers fresh pasta, Wok specialties and regional dishes.
- Particularly recommended for snacks and a short break in the afternoon is Königin 43. Directly next to the English Garden, it provides all sun worshippers with shade, refreshment and a great snack menu.
- There are pizza, pasta and Bavarian-Italian creations all at once at Bavarese – a cozy restaurant with a large outdoor terrace, in the middle of the beautiful Dreimühlen [three mills] quarter.
- The roof terrace at the KARE Kraftwerk Sendling promises a unique view of the Alps and the sunset. In addition, the cooking tandem of Stefan Scheib and Gerald Fraidl creates seasonal and regional dishes for you at fair prices.
- Situated at the English Garden, the Goldene Bar is a stylish hotspot. You can round off the evening in comfort, with a wonderful view into the greenery, on the spacious sun terrace of the bar.
The summer season also starts in Platzl Hotel
Are you spending the night in Platzl Hotel, and don’t want to leave the hotel in the evening, after a long day? Our two terraces in front of the Wirtshaus Ayingers and the Restaurant Pfistermühle will also be opening again for the summer. Treat yourself with a sophisticated dinner or original Bavarian delicacies, while you enjoy the Munich sun. After that you might want to stop by at our Platzl Karree Boden & Bar, which also reopened for the spring. Here you can enjoy a “bedtime sweet”, to make a perfect evening.